7/11/2011 Bits and Bytes from the Microsoft World Partner Conference (WPC)
|15000 Microsoft partners gathering in the Staples Center LA.
Members of Champion Solutions Group's Executive Leadership and Professional Services Microsoft teams are in attendence at the 2011 Microsoft WPC conference in Los Angeles, CA. The first keynote with CEO Steve Ballmer just began. The opening act - New World Order - had the full attention of the 15000+ with their amazing performance. The theme of this year's conference is 'Winning Together.' Market share continues to grow in all areas within Microsoft and innovation continues for a foundation for business growth.
Some keynote highlights and memorable quotes:
- Microsoft is focusing on "big screens, small screens and middle-sized screens."
- Bing is "more than just a search engine - it is about getting things done."
- Microsoft celebrating 10 years of CRM and is ALL in for business applications. "No longer have to be forced to go to salesforce."
- Skype acquisition is pending final regulatory approvals, and the Microsoft team is very excited to add to this to the family of MS products (i.e. further integration with Microsoft Lync).
- Windows XP end of life is 1000 days away and there are over 300 million desktops that still need to be upgraded before support and access to windows XP is no longer available.
- Windows 8 development is well underway and user interface is designed and optimized for touch for the PCs of today and the devices for tomorrow. Windows 7 hardware will be compatible with Windows 8. Path to Windows 8 starts with Windows 7 - modernization is right now to lay the foundation for the future. Great update from Tami Rellar.
Stay tuned for further Microsoft WPC bits and bytes from the Champion team.